Memories of Mars
Memories of Mars is an open world survivial game developed by Limbic Entertainment and published by 505 Games.
Description[edit | edit source]
100 years in the future, something happened on Mars.
Once frequently visited, it is now abandoned with some left behind.
MEMORIES OF MARS is an open world survival game set amongst the abandoned mining operations on the red planet, as the dream of exploiting and colonizing Mars has proven impossible. You play as a recently awoken clone who learns its lifespan is limited by the lethal solar flares that hit the surface of the planet every few weeks.
Tasked with surviving the barren wastelands of Mars, players must explore the unforgiving Martian terrain and build a habitable homestead while fighting against a variety of dangers including strange enemies, harsh environmental elements and other human clone survivors.
Explore and Survive the Red Planet.
About the Game[edit | edit source]
As Stephan Winter, Limbic’s CEO phrases it: “MEMORIES OF MARS will take players on an epic adventure of survival and exploration as they fight to overcome the mysterious dangers of the Red Planet in infinite ways. We have created an immersive open world environment with seemingly endless possibilities in player progress and exploration all set against the strange and curious backdrop of the distant planet Mars.”
• EXPLORE AND DISCOVER – Explore over 16 KM2 of the Martian landscape complete with deserts, craters, canyons, rocky planes, and mesas. Visit over 85 points of interest including abandoned towns, mines, industrial facilities, biodomes and vehicles.
• SURVIVE – Look after basic needs including health, stamina, nutrition, body temperature and oxygen.
• FIGHT –Encounter and fight against unique NPCs and competing players that are always looking to interrupt your adventures. These NPCs are strange enemies left over from previous, failed, colonization efforts. Now they’ve gone rogue, and you’ll need to fend them off.
• BUILD – Building your own base will be a cornerstone of your gameplay experience. Build a small base on your own, or collaborate and build a much larger base. Either way, a base is required to for the ultimate project – surviving Mars!
• EVENTS & FLOPS – Memories of Mars contains a unique system of in-game events where players will converge and try to survive these events and thereby collect FLOPS. There are multiple ways to collect FLOPS, but beware because other players can rob, kill you and loot your FLOPS.
Videos[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Official Website
- Official Forums
- Official Twitter
- Official Facebook
- Official Youtube
- Official Discord
Crash Reporting[edit | edit source]
Whenever you are having crash issues in Memories of Mars, developers would like to see what is the cause of the crash through its logs that is embedded in Windows.
Firstly, follow these steps to allow the AppData folder to be view-able:
1) Go to Windows Explorer.
2) Open the C: drive.
3) Click Organize on the menu bar.
4) Select Folder and Search options.
5) Select the View tab.
6) Under Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders, select the option to Show hidden files, folders and drives.
7) Click OK.
Once the AppData Folder is enabled to be viewed, follow these steps:
1) Open Windows Explorer
2) Type %AppData% into the address bar (not the Search bar!). Look for "AppData\Local\MemoriesOfMars\" if you were sent to the "AppData\Roaming" folder instead.
3) You should see a folder called "Saved", and there should be a "Crash" folder inside it
4) Zip compress the entire Crash folder and send it to the Developer who requested it via Discord.