There are many Enemies in Memories of Mars.
Scuttlers are robotic spider-like automatons. Scuttler will melee attack you or use their special abilities from range. They generally come in packs and are very quick. There are three (3) Scuttler variants:
- Martyr - variant will let out a high-pitched scream, attracting any other nearby robots. When you've don enough damage, they'll then run at you and explode in an attempt to kill you.
- Piercer - variant utilizes high-speed needle-like projectiles at range.
- Toxic - variant utilizes lobbed projectiles that explode in sprays of acid, leaving caustic puddles on the ground at their impact location.
Mantis are robotic quadruped automatons, slightly larger than the Scuttlers. Mantis will melee attack you or use their special abilities from range. They generally are found one at a time. There are three (3) Mantis variants:
- Devil's Flower - variant will launch a three-round barrage of explosive ordinance from range.
- Ghost - variant is cloaked when out of combat, and will pop smoke to cover it's movement when approaching it's target.
- Sapper - variant will place a mine field comprised of proximity mines, which will bury into the ground. (Added on 09/13/2018)
- Cobra - variant will perform a coiled strike, launching itself at high-velocity towards it's target.
- Mamba - variant will launch an acid ball from range that blinds the target and causes bleeding.
- Viper - variant will fire an electric bolt from range that ignores armor, as well as mark a target to increase all other enemy threat against them.